Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Awesomeness

I won't post many photos here, if at all. But I'll make an exception to pay homage to the moustache I had last week. (It's gone because Lindsey hated it! Everyone else loved it, but she's the only one I sleep with.)



It's a handlebar moustache. Not a Fu Manchu. Just because I'm Asian, doesn't automatically make it a Fu Manchu.

Normally I'd be smiling but I thought I'd offset the yellow shirt with the words Butterfly Gardens on it with a scowl.

EDIT: Super-friend Jon McNally has put in the leg work and let me know that I'm actually rocking a horseshoe in this photo. Thanks, Jon! A million dollar check is on its way to you. (Don't try to cash it. The bank will laugh at you.)

7 comments:

Jon McNally said...

I dunno, Rick ... If it's a handlebar moustache, shouldn't you resemble these fellows? According to Wikipedia, a handlebar customarily points to heaven and a Fu Manchu points to your privates.

Still, nice 'stache, mister. About all I can manage're chops.

Rick Cortes said...

Heh...well, the Fu Manchu actually stops at the lips but continues to hang down in long strands of hair. Maybe the one I'm sporting has a different name, but it ain't no Fu!

Chris Wahl said...

Reminds me of Nick Cave's Grinderman mo.

Jon McNally said...

Hey, I think you're right about the Fu Manchu. Maybe this is the one you wore (again referencing Wikipedia):

Horseshoe: Often confused with the Fu Manchu style, the horseshoe was possibly popularized by modern cowboys and consists of a full moustache with vertical extensions from the corners of the lips down to the jawline and resembling an upside-down horseshoe.

MRCarter said...

Hey Goose you big stud!
Take me to bed or lose me forever!

rico said...

Very nice sir!! I had a day long moustache also. Same deal, wife hated it. It was glorious though, go look!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whoisrico/sets/72157603482962838/

Anonymous said...

That is not a handlebar moustache!

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/MustacheStyles.aspx